Wednesday 13 April 2016

Evaluation - Question three:

Evaluation - Question three:
What have you learned from your audience feedback?

I was able to answer this question by retrieving feedback from a variety of people from different age groups. They were able to provide their thoughts, opinions and suggestions about my group's music video and ancillary tasks (website and CD digi-pack). This was done through filmed interviews and online questionnaires. These provided answers which we learned from in relation to questions like what they would rate our main product, what they liked about it and our ancillary tasks, what they thought we could improve on, if they'd recommend them to other people to view and use and what theories and concepts they thought our products related too. For example, the hypodermic model states that audiences consume the messages of media products by interpreting them directly. This would mean those who view mine would take on the approach that love won't last forever. This allowed my group member and I to gain a lot of knowledge about what different viewers thought about them.


Audience Feedback Interviews:

Once we filmed our interviews, which included asking females and males between the ages of sixteen to fifty four a mixture of open and closed questions (to gain an in-depth range of data) about our music video, CD digi-pack and website, we made one joint video of them by editing them together. This was done by using Adobe Premier Pro and Windows Movie Maker. We mostly included young people as they are our predicted target market and were more easily accessible to us. This is why we included a longer, more spontaneous interview with Ryan at the end of the video. This was helpful as it proved to us our target market may mostly be relatively young girls who apart of an active audience since they may share our media products on social media. Although it was also really interesting and beneficial to see what adults thought about our video too since they helped me learn about how different age groups would consume my media products and therefore media products in general. It can be viewed below:



Audience Feedback Online Questionnaire:

We also asked students from our school to answer questions on an online questionnaire which featured closed questions. I thought this would help us learn quickly about what viewers thought as it would take less time for people to complete and therefore appear more appealing to do so. I made it on www.surveymonkey.com. Three males and three females answered it and they were between the ages of seventeen and eighteen. The questionnaire can be seen below:


Create your own user feedback survey

The answers of our survey can be viewed on this picture:

Conclusion about what my group learned from this feedback:

I created a presentation using www.powtoon.com which summarises what I have learned about as a result of gaining feedback from different people. I have analysed how they responded to my music video and ancillary tasks which has resulted in my knowledge about viewers increasing. For example, I have made theoretical links to their feedback which has helped me to explore the fact that different people will have different responses, opinions and emotions towards my media products. One of the theories I have mentioned in relation to my feedback is Hall's Reception Theory. It relates to it because those who recognise and agree with the messages in relation to love and the loss of it I have incorporated within my music video and ancillary tasks, would take on a dominant reading. Other connections to theories as well as how my knowledge about audiences has increased can be viewed below:


No comments:

Post a Comment