Wednesday 13 April 2016

Evaluation - Question one:

Evaluation - Question one:
In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?  

I used Soundcloud to upload a voice recording of myself starting to answer this question. For example, I explain how theoretical links to Andrew Goodwin's Conventions Theory and Richard Dyer's Star Theory can be made to my music video in relation their forms and conventions.

Another concept in relation to the narrative of my music video which adheres to the conventions of real media products since it revolves around love, but also involves the loss of love which means it develops this convention, is Barthes' Narrative Codes. Since there is an element of mystery within my video as reasons for the characters' break-up isn't fully explained, it relates to Barthes' enigma code. This makes it interesting as well as slightly different to real media products. I also begin to compare my video to real media products such as Justin Bieber's and Lady Gaga's videos. For the complete script I used for this recording, it is featured in the description of this clip on my Soundcloud profile which can by found by clicking this link: Question one - Soundcloud Introduction:



To answer the rest of the question I chose to write in the style of a media student, like myself, for a school magazine. I write as the media student analysis how I have created a music video (my music video) and explain to other students about it. I thought it would be an interesting and original idea to further analyse the forms and conventions of it in this way. I was able to do this by using www.joomag.com. It can be viewed and expanded so my analysis can be seen clearer below:


No comments:

Post a Comment